Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches.
You can cook Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
- You need of ● For The Pulled Pork.
- You need of Bone In Pork Shoulder Roast [left whole].
- Prepare of Cans Beef Broth.
- Prepare of Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- Prepare of LG White Onion [chopped].
- You need of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare of Garlic [minced].
- It’s of LG Jalapeño Peppers [minced].
- Prepare of Small Can Hatch Green Chilies.
- It’s of Liquid Smoke [not extract – just plain ole' liquid smoke].
- It’s of Paprika.
- Prepare of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Ground Cumin.
- You need of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of ● For The Garnishments & Extras.
- Prepare of LG Purple Onion [sliced].
- It’s of Chilled Clausens Dill Pickles [slices or whole – no substitutions].
- Prepare of Tiger Sauce [= 1 medium tub sour cream mixed with 1 small bottle quality horseradish].
- Prepare of Pre-made Chilled Cole Slaw [optional].
- It’s of ● For The BBQ Sauce.
- You need of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce [+ reserves for sandwich topping].
- You need of ● For The Bread Options.
- You need of Thick Slices Artisanal Bread.
- You need of LG Ciabatta Buns.
- You need of LG Hamburger Buns.
Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches instructions
- Here's all you'll need. Tiger Sauce ingredients not pictured. No room..
- Using a small amount of oil – pan sear your pork roast on high on all sides without burning it. Then, flip her over – fat side up..
- From your ● Pulled Pork Section – whisk two cans of your beef broth and all spices together. Pour mixture into your pot..
- Chop your vegetables from your ● Pulled Pork Section and add to your pot. Add your third can of beef broth if needed. If not, save it and, the 4th can for later as your original broth will eventually boil down. Also, slice your purple onions and refrigerate them for your garnish..
- Allow roast to simmer for at least 2 1/2 hours minimum – stove top – with a tight fitting lid. I allow mine to go for 4 hours. Carefully flip her over occasionally for even cooking and moisture retention. You'll know she's done when you can easily shred her apart with two forks. Or, the pork bone pulls out with ease..
- In the meantime, prepare your Tiger Sauce. Mix 1 medium tub Sour Cream and a small jar of a quality Horseradish Sauce. Know chives are a fantastic addition to this sauce as well if you have them on hand. Allow sauce to chill in the fridge for a few hours – stirring occasionally..
- When your roast is easily shreadable by fork – drain, but retain its delicious leftover broth. You can utilize it in almost any dish you create over the next week. Even a simple dish like Top Ramen! Pick out any fatty deposits..
- Place shredded meat mixture back into your pot and add your DELICIOUS Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce amounts to your liking and mix. Moist or dry, it's all up to you! But, we always go wet! It's unanimous! We even re-coat our sandwiches with it upon serving. Reheat shredded pork..
- Generously pile your sweet pulled pork on to your bread [you'll definitely want a sturdy bread] of choice and add your chilled purple onions. Also, drizzle your Tiger Sauce and additional SBR's on your sandwiches to taste. Top sandwiches with chilled Cole Slaw and dill pickles if desired. Or, serve pickle halves to the side. You'll need them to cut the sweetness of the SBR's. The Clausens Dill Pickle brand is absolutely the best one out there! Trust me. I know my pickles! ;0) You'll find them in your refrigerated section of your local market..
- Enjoy your Summer and your sandwiches!.