You can have Peach Pie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peach Pie
- You need of Pastry.
- You need 1 of Pie crust.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 5 cups of peaches sliced and peeled, about 8 peaches.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter unsalted, cut into small pieces.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
Peach Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees..
- After removing your home made or store bought crust from the fridge you’ll want to allow it to rest for up to 10 minutes, this will make it easier to roll out. Once it’s softened you’ll want to flour your rolling pin, to prevent the dough from sticking, and get to work. Each disc will need to be 1/8 of an inch thick. Place the dough gently onto the pie plate before crimping the edges and removing any excess dough..
- Place a piece of parchment paper over the pie shell and fill it with pie weights. If you don't have pie weights, you can use dry beans. Place the pie shell into the oven and blind bake it for 15 minutes. Once done, remove the pie weights and the parchment paper from the pie shell..
- In a large bowl place the sliced peaches and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Mix gently with a wooden spoon. In another bowl mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add the flour mixture to the peaches and toss well..
- Add the filling to your bottom crust, and dollop with butter pieces all over the filling. Roll out your top crust in the same way described above and drape it over your pie. Crimp and seal your edges before slicing vents in the top crust with a knife or if you really want to impress, cut into long strips and weave a lattice crust. From there you will brush with the beaten egg, making sure to seal the edges..
- Preheat your oven first to 425 F degrees. Add the pie to the oven, on the bottom rack and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 F degrees and bake for another 45 minutes to an hour or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling..
- Cool before serving, though I prefer this pie warm with a scoop of ice cream..