Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles.
You can cook Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles
- It’s 2 lbs of (6-8 lg) pickling cucumbers.
- You need 2 cups of Apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need 3 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sea salt.
- It’s 1 tbs of whole brown mustard seed.
- You need 1 tbs of whole peppercorns.
- You need of Fresh Dill.
- You need of Dill weed.
- It’s 4 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbs of crushed red pepper (or other pepper if you like it hotter! I used all kinds!).
Dilly-Dilly Dill Pickles step by step
- In a medium sauce pan, stir in vinegar, water, sugar, salt, mustard seed and peppercorns. Bring to a slight boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove and let cool for about 20 minutes..
- Using maybe 3 large jars, slice or coin your cucumbers however you like. Fill each jar to 1/2. Then add some garlic, dill weed, a couple sprigs of fresh dill, and any pepper spices you are using. Repeat to fill the jars..
- Using a funnel, pour the brine into each jar adding an equal amount of the peppercorns and mustard seed to each. Make sure you fill to the very top..
- Tighten cap on top of each jar tightly and place into refrigerator. For best results, let them sit for a couple days before eating..