Mike's BBQ Chicken Sandwiches.
You can have Mike's BBQ Chicken Sandwiches using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Prepare of ● For The Sandwiches.
- Prepare 6 (10 oz) of Chicken Breasts [1/4" thick].
- Prepare 2 (12 oz) of Loaves Fresh Baked Ciabatta Bread.
- Prepare 1 lb of Bottle Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce [+ reserves for serving].
- It’s as needed of Fresh Green Leaf Lettuce [chilled].
- It’s as needed of Red Onions [thin sliced].
- It’s as needed of White Onions [thin sliced].
- Prepare as needed of Firm Tomato Slices.
- It’s of ● For The Brine.
- You need 4 Cups of Water.
- It’s 4 Cups of Ice.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Salt.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s of ● For The Options [as needed – chilled].
- You need of Peperoncini Peppers.
- Prepare of Banana Peppers.
- You need of Jalapeño Peppers.
- Prepare of Sport Peppers.
- It’s Slices of Thin Dill Pickle.
- It’s of Whole Mini Pickles.
- You need of Whole Green Olives.
- Prepare of Salt & Vinager Potato Chips.
- You need of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.
Mike's BBQ Chicken Sandwiches instructions
- Create your brine by boiling all ingredients in the brine section [except for ice] until everything is dissolved. Allow water to cool and add both ice and chicken. Place in fridge in a bowl or large Ziplock Bag for 1 hour..
- Trim any fat, butterfly and pound down your chicken breasts until they're equal thickness on all sides..
- Remove chicken from brine and grill on high for three minutes on each side. Longer if your chicken pieces are on the thicker side. You'll want to create some char lines on them so try not to lift or peek..
- While waiting – gather your sides/options and rinse and slice your vegetables. Refrigerate all. You'll want all sides/options fully chilled..
- Place chicken in a disposable pan and add your entire bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. Seal tightly with tinfoil..
- Bake your bread as per manufactures directions in the top rack. Usually about 10 minutes at 400°..
- At the same time as you bake your bread – place your sealed chicken on your lowest oven rack far to one side or the other for 15 minutes while bread is baking on the opposite side. This will add to the moisture and flavor of your chicken..
- Stack your sandwiches any way you choose to. [lettuce first tho] with your warmed leftover Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce that's in your pan..
- Serve with a salad like my, "Mike's Tangy Garden Fresh Summer Salad." Enjoy!.