You can have Ukhdiche Modak using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ukhdiche Modak
- You need 1 cup of rice flour.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ghee.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of grated coconut.
- It’s 1 cup of jaggery.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of raisins.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped pista.
- It’s of Few strands Kesar soaked in water.
Ukhdiche Modak instructions
- Boil water with 1 of tsp ghee and salt. Once it comes to a rolling boil add the rice flour and mix well. Switch off the flame, cover the vessel and let it stand for 10 minutes..
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a non stick pan. Add the grated coconut and roast it for a few minutes. Add the jaggery and mix well. Cook till the water from jaggery dries up. Add the raisins and pista. Mix well and switch off flame. After the coconut mixture slightly cools add the cardamom powder and mix well. Set it aside to cool down..
- Put the hot rice dough in a huge plastic bag and place a towel on top. Knead well along with the towel till you get a smooth and shiny dough..
- Put lemon sized sized rice dough ball in your hand and spread with the help of your thumb to get a small bowl shape. Pinch the edges of the dough bowl to get the traditional modak shape. Place 2 tsp stuffing in in and gather the edges together and shape the modaks. Place a strand of Kesar on each modak..
- Heat water in an idli steamer and place the modals in a well greased tray on top. Cover and steam for 10 minutes. Enjoy fresh modaks..