You can have Ukadiche Modak using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ukadiche Modak
- Prepare 1 bowl of For stuffing Coconut grated finely.
- You need 3/4 bowl of Jaggery.
- It’s 1 TSP of Cardamom powder.
- You need As needed of Dry Fruits pieces as u like.
- It’s of For cover-.
- Prepare 1 big bowl of rice flower.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Milk.
- Prepare Pinch of Saffron threads optional.
- It’s 2,3 tsp of Desi ghee.
Ukadiche Modak instructions
- Take grated Coconut and make fine paste on mixer.Heat a pan add desi ghee add coconut,jaggery mix well.Stir continuously.Add cardamom powder,mix well.When the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of pan take it down add Dry Fruits pieces and et it cool.
- Now take rice flower in big plate,add hot ghee,salt and mix well.
- Now add a cup of milk and some water knead it and make thick roti. Take a big kadai with a glass of water put a stand in it. Take a sieve and grease it with ghee put roti on it.place the sieve on stand and steam it for 15 minutes.
- Now when it is cool smash it and make dough.
- Now take a ball of dough and spread it with fingers to make the buds and place the stuffing inside.Then gently bring all the sides together and close the modak neatly. Get all the modak stuffed like this.
- Now again take kadai with water put a stand.Take sieve grease with ghee and put the modakas on it. Place the sieve on stand in kadahi when water starts boiling. Steam the modakas for 15 minutes. Off the flame. Let it cool for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now take out modakas for Naivedyam decorate with saffron threads..