Rice salad. A delicious cold rice salad recipe given to me by my sister who lived in Louisville, Kentucky for many years. It's one of my favorite side dishes in the spring and summer. This is a very flexible recipe.
Find different types of salad with brown, wild and white rice, as well as rice salads with chicken, fish and other types of meat. Rustle up a rice salad as a main or side dish. From rice tabbouleh to warm salads, using brown, white, short- or long-grain, browse our best recipes. You can cook Rice salad using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice salad
- It’s 3 cups of cooked rice, cooled.
- You need 2 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1/3 cups of chopped green bell pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dill pickle relish.
- It’s 1/3 cups of sweet pickle relish.
- It’s 1/3 cups of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of French salad dressing.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
Rice Salad, Indian Style: Use brown or white basmati rice. Find delicious rice salad recipes including wild rice salads, brown rice salads, and more rice salad recipes and ideas. It's a rice salad version of Cowboy Caviar, a Midwestern salsa/salad made famous by my friend Meggan from Culinary Hill ( <— bookmark for all things Midwestern!!). Made with tomatoes, capsicum / bell peppers, red onion, corn, beans and coriander/cilantro, Cowboy Caviar is dressed with a fairly sweet vinaigrette then served as a salad or.
Rice salad instructions
- Mix first seven ingredients together in large bowl.
- In small bowl mix remaining ingredients.
- Pour over first mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for hour before serving.
Prepacked rice salad, like potato salad and coleslaw, is really popular but largely miserable and bland. Have a go at this recipe and you won't go back to buying tubs from the supermarket. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high. Sweet apples and dried cherries are a pleasing contrast with the crunchy celery and toasted pecans, and the thyme-flavored dressing enhances all the different flavors nicely. Cook brown rice until tender, allow to cool.