Tri colour traditional steam Modak Ukadiche Modak.
You can cook Tri colour traditional steam Modak Ukadiche Modak using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tri colour traditional steam Modak Ukadiche Modak
- You need 1 bowl of rice flour.
- It’s 2 bowl of water.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of ghee.
- You need as required of Little orange and green food colour.
- It’s 1 bowl of fresh grated coconut.
- It’s 1 bowl of jaggery.
- Prepare as required of Some dry fruits.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of green cardamom powder.
- You need 2 glasses of water for boiling modaks.
Tri colour traditional steam Modak Ukadiche Modak instructions
- In a pan put 1 tsp ghee, add fresh grated coconut stir it for 5 minute or till golden brown colour. Add jaggery, chopped dry fruits of your choice and cardamom powder. Store till jaggery melts properly with coconut. Off the gas flame and let it cool down..
- In a big utensil put water and when boil comes add 1 tsp ghee and pinch of salt. Ghee will make dough soft. Put little little rice flour and stir it in between. Cook for 5 minutes. Off the gas. Cover it for 10 minutes. Water can be used more or less as depends on rice flour quality..
- After 10 minutes remove in a big plate and knead the dough. If dough is too soft add little rice flour or too hard add little water..
- Divide the dough into three equal parts. In one part add orange food colour and another part green food colour. Third part will remain white. As shown in image..
- Make round ball of all dough. First take green colour dough flat it. Second white dough roll it and put side of green dough. Same way orange dough put around white dough with help of thumb and fingers press it. Not too thin or fat. As shown in image..
- Now put one spoon coconut mixture filling in it. Close it with your thumb and fingers to make a pointed top. Same way make all modaks. As shown in image..
- In a utensil put 2 glasses water, let it boil place a stand in it. Grease the plate with little ghee and put modaks in it. Place the plate above stand and cover it. Cook for 10 minutes on middle flame. Remove the modaks in serving plate. Enjoy it with little hot or cool..