Steam Modak or ukadiche modak.
You can cook Steam Modak or ukadiche modak using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steam Modak or ukadiche modak
- Prepare of For Ukad.
- It’s 1 cup of rice flour.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of ghee.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Stuffing.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded Coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Jaggery.
- It’s As needed of Ghee.
- You need 1 tsp of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of Nuts.
Steam Modak or ukadiche modak step by step
- Boil 1cup of water to that add pinch of salt and tsp of ghee and rice flour and mix well.
- Cover and keep for 10 minutes.
- For stuffing. Add ghee then add coconut.
- Then add jaggery and mix well. After mixing mixture well and cook it for 2 minutes. Add cardamom powder and nuts.
- Take ukad, wet hands with water and knead ukad in a soft dough. Split dough in equal size balls. Now start to ball size shape, now fill stuffing and start to make nicely pleates around the stuffing. Gather all pleates and seal the edges or in a modak in mould of modak.
- Heat up 1 inch of water in Modak Patra or steamer Or idli cooker. Steam the modak for 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Healthy, tasty and easy modak are ready.