Finnish Beef Stroganoff.
You can cook Finnish Beef Stroganoff using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Finnish Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of top round steak.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion sliced.
- Prepare of Water or beef broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of tomato paste or ketchup.
- You need 2 tsp of prepared hot mustard.
- You need 2 of dill pickles finely chopped.
Finnish Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Slice the meat thinly against the grain..
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and flour, coating the meat evenly..
- Brown meat in the butter over medium high heat, adding onions shortly after the meat..
- Add enough water or broth to cover the bottom of the pan, scraping the brownings from the bottom of the pan..
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender. You may need to add a bit more water or broth so that the meat does not stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Just before serving, combine the cream, tomato paste or ketchup, mustard and dill pickles and stir into the meat mixture..
- Serve with broad egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes..