Homestyle potato salad. Check Below for How to Make Homestyle Potato Salad. Homestyle Potato Salad: While this is a wonderful summer salad, if you love potato salad you know it's great all year round. In warmer days serve it chilled and in cooler days serve it warm.
Experiment with the thickness; you may like them thicker or. Homestyle Loaded Potato Salad with Bacon. This potato salad is so good that even if some of the ingredients aren't available, certain ones can be omitted and it's still. You can cook Homestyle potato salad using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homestyle potato salad
- You need 5 of medium potatoes, Russet or red.
- You need 8 of eggs, hard boiled (save 2 eggs to use for garnish on salad).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 c. of mayonnaise or Miracle Whip.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 c. of sweet pickle relish, or 5 to 6 diced baby dill pickles, i.
- It’s of Dill weed or paprika optional.
- You need of Chopped red or green onions optional.
- It’s of Chopped celery optional.
Homestyle Potato Salad Recipe. + Larger Image. Creamy potato salad is a the perfect side dish for your summer gatherings. A welcome addition to the picnic basket, this salad is full of that sweet, tangy taste usually reserved for. Try this Homestyle Potato Salad recipe by Chef Simone.
Homestyle potato salad instructions
- Boil potatoes with peel on for about 40 minutes until potatoes are tender, but still firm. If you are using red potatoes, boil 25-30 minutes..
- Peel and dice potatoes and 6 eggs..
- Add salt and pepper and toss..
- Mix remaining ingredients separately and fold into potato mixture..
- Slice remaining 2 eggs and layer on top of salad. Sprinkle top of salad with dill weed or paprika..
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 6-8 hours)..
Then there are potato salads that feature cajun spices, heaps of bacon, sun dried tomatoes. Below, find our classic potato salad recipe. This is packed with hard boiled eggs (which we recommend just. Potato salad is a year-round favorite. The ingredient variations are endless, and the dish provides a tasty and complementary side for almost any entrée.