Mac and Cheese on Pumpernickel. How to Make Pumpkin Mac and Cheese. Share What a great recipe!. the cheese sauce benefits from the addition of ground white pepper, a dash of cayenne pepper and the casserole looks and taste terrific with buttered pumpernickel bread crumbs sprinkled on top! The Best Pumpernickel Sandwich Recipes on Yummly
This is a nice rich mac and cheese. Serve with a salad for a great meatless dinner. This recipe uses cottage cheese as a spread on pumpernickel toast. You can have Mac and Cheese on Pumpernickel using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mac and Cheese on Pumpernickel
- Prepare 1 slice of long pumpernickel bread.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- It’s 6 slices of dill pickle chips.
- You need 2 slices of thin honey ham luncheon meat.
Pumpernickel is a dense, dark German style bread made with When you swap the savory for the sweet combination, you still reap the high protein benefit of the cottage cheese, and depending on the type of fruit you use, you still get. Pumpernickel is a brown bread that has several health benefits. It is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. Pumpernickel also contains lignans, which have antioxidant qualities.
Mac and Cheese on Pumpernickel step by step
- Cut the slice of bread in half if short slices use two slices. Add mayonnaise to both sides.
- Stack the cold macaroni and cheese to one slice..
- Add pickle chips..
- Lastly the ham..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Baked Mac & Cheese Method: On a stovetop, start by cooking your pasta of choice. While they're cooking, make a pan of bechamel – method below. My mother was a bit of a rebel with her macaroni and cheese in that she didn't believe in making a roux. Baked mac and cheese: If you have a little extra time, you can bake the macaroni and cheese to give it a golden crust. Note: Printing via Mac Firefox is currently not supported.