Ukadiche Modak 🥟.
You can cook Ukadiche Modak 🥟 using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ukadiche Modak 🥟
- You need 1.5 Cup of Rice Flour.
- You need 1.5 Cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Desi Ghee.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Softened Jaggery.
- It’s 1 Cup of Freshly Grated Coconut 🥥.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of Cardamom Powder.
- You need To Taste of Salt 🧂.
Ukadiche Modak 🥟 step by step
- For the Ukadiche Modak 🥟: Firstly, for the very UKAD ie. the outer cover- In a pan take the aforementioned water, salt, ghee mix well- once it starts boiling reduce the flame and add in the measured rice flour gradually while stirring continuously so as to avoid any lumps & once all of that forms the shape of a dough- cover it for about 10-15 mins time to cook well & eventually in the remaining heat itself.
- Then, while remaining hot only take it out on your workstation to knead it well- in case, it sticks to your hands, apply some water/ ghee & then continue kneading the same to become an absolutely smooth & supple dough.
- At this point, either you can use the Modak 🥟 moulds to give it a shape or can do it manually without it by rolling it out to a puri form & then, add in the fillings and then, form plits with your 3 fingers (refer the pics), finally giving all of that the Modak 🥟 shapes very nicely but this kind needs enough expertise & patience to do it in upto even 16/18/20/21 plits.
- Finally, Ukadiche Modak 🥟 need be steamed in the preheated steamer by laying either banana leaves at the bottom of it and also on its top & then, cover it with the steamer pan lid (though, ideally the turmeric plants leaves should be used for the same) but banana leaves are gotten easily than the latter hence, that’s mostly used in the rest other cities, other than Maharashtra.
- Now, once the Modaks 🥟 are ready- it’s time to garnish all that as per your choices for eg. the Ukadiche Modaks 🥟 are usually & traditionally garnished with the melted ghee mixed with the saffron (kesar) milk & dripped over the freshly steamed Modaks 🥟 & later on a bit cooled- it’s ultimately, offered to the Lord Vinayaka & post that, to the members of the family & the guests (if any) 💁🏻♀️.