Zucchini Eggplant Banana Bread. A combination of two favorites: banana nut bread and zucchini bread. The flavors combine and in each bite you get just a hint of both flavors. It happens every year, so you'd think I'd prepare for it, but for some reason, it always takes me by surprise.
I've brought this one in to work! Or if you're more of a meal-prep-forever kind of person, this bread freezes really well. Slice it up before freezing, and either wrap up slices individually. You can have Zucchini Eggplant Banana Bread using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Eggplant Banana Bread
- Prepare 4 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted butter, cooled.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of seeded, grated, unpeeled zucchini.
- You need 1 cup of mashed banana.
- Prepare 1 cup of peeled, grated eggplant (seeds are ok).
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon zest (fresh is best).
- It’s of optional:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, pine nuts or dried cranberries.
- It’s of topping:.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar for sprinkling, also optional..
This gluten free and paleo zucchini banana bread is soft and tender, moist, cake-like and has just the right amount of sweetness. Perfect for breakfast toasted and slathered with almond butter or for an afternoon snack. Experiment with adding your favorite mix-ins to this simple grain free, dairy free quick. Zucchini Banana Bread-a blend of your two favorite breads!
Zucchini Eggplant Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place zucchini, eggplant, banana and zest in a large bowl. Add eggs and both sugars. Wisk well..
- Wisk in butter, oil and vanilla. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl sift or wisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger..
- Add dry to wet and stir until incorporated. Fold in nuts or cranberries if desired..
- Divide the batter between two smaller sized greased or sprayed loaf pans..
- Sprinkle tops with sugar..
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean..
- Cool and serve..
This easy quick bread is a great way to use up summer zucchini and brown bananas! This Zucchini Banana Bread is great for breakfast or snack time. And go ahead and slather some butter on a warm piece, you will be glad you did! Another way to get zucchini into your diet! If your zucchini bushes produce like mine then you are going to need many recipes to use them all up!