Wheat flour Modak. Atta modak (Steamed wheat flour modak) is delicious sweet stuffed with sweet jaggery filling. Don't Forget to like, comment, share and subscribe to my. Fried modak is made with wheat flour outer covering and coconut, jaggery filling.
Fried modak recipe that you can make for Ganesh Chaturthi Festival. Modak is sweet dumpling The outer covering of the dumpling is made from whole wheat flour and hence it is a bit dense as. Fried modak is nothing but deep fried dumplings(Kozhukattai) filled with jaggery and coconut stuffing. You can cook Wheat flour Modak using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wheat flour Modak
- Prepare 1/2 Bowl of Desi ghee.
- You need 1 Bowl of Wheat flour.
- Prepare 3/4 bo of Jaggery (grated).
- It’s 7-8 of Cashew (chopped).
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of desiccated coconut.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of green cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 of Modak Mold.
In North India especially in Maharashtra, people make Ukdiche modak(steamed modak). A wide variety of wheat flour options are available to you. Wheat flour is the most common flour used in baking. There are different types of wheat flour, and Wheat Flour Basics.
Wheat flour Modak step by step
- Turn on the gas flame and place a kadhai and pour ghee by leaving 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of ghee and keep the gas flame on low mode..
- When the ghee starts melting then add wheat flour to it and continuously stir it well to low to medium flame. Roast it till it will spreads it's Aroma. Now add more 1 and half teaspoon of ghee, then add all grated and chopped dry fruits with desccicated coconut. Fry for some time with the wheat flour..
- When the mix release it's ghee completely then turn off the gas flame. But stir it continuously for 2 mins with the help of a spatula. Now allow it to cool for 20 mins..
- After 20 mins add green cardamom powder and add jaggery to it. Add slowly… slowly to the mix and check it's consistency it should be like binding while we prepare Ladoo..
- Then take a Modak Mould and start filling all the mix or take a small portion on your palm shape it as laddu and you can put it inside the mold and fill the remaining mix into the hole and just press it tightly and then open it. Then it's done repeat the same process with the other. Then enjoy.
Gluten is the wheat's natural protein, and it's what gives baked goods their. Homemade chapati flour is anytime better than store bought ones with no preservatives added and even taste,texturewise there is difference. Also you can make your own wheat ratio combination. If you want flaky fried modak, then use all-purpose flour. Occasionally, wheat flour and semolina are used to make the modak shell, and the fillings might also include ingredients such as bananas, saffron, or nutmeg.