Steamed Veg Modaks.
You can cook Steamed Veg Modaks using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Veg Modaks
- It’s 1 of carrot grated.
- It’s 1 of capsicum chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 100 g of cabbage chopped.
- It’s 2 of green chillies chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garam Masala powder.
- Prepare Pinch of turmeric powder.
- It’s of As required salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of wheat flour.
- You need of As required water & oil.
- You need as needed of water.
Steamed Veg Modaks instructions
- Sieve wheat flour and salt in a broad plate. Add boiling water little by little and keep mixing with spatula. Knead the mixture with hand to make a soft dough. Set aside..
- To make the vegetable filling, heat oil in a wide pan, add the chopped green chillies and ginger garlic paste and mix well. Add the chopped onions and saute for 3 mins till they turn translucent..
- Add the chopped carrot and cook for 3-4 mins on medium heat. Add the chopped cabbage and cook for at least 8-10 mins. Then add the capsicum & saute for 2 minutes..
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and garam masala powder and mix well. Turn off the heat and allow to come to room temperature..
- To make modaks, knead the dough again for 2-3 mins and pinch out small lemon sized balls of the dough and dust with flour. Roll out each ball into a round shape. It should not be too thick or too thin in thickness..
- Place a tablespoon of the prepared vegetable filling in the center of each rolled out circle. Do not overstuff as it will be difficult to form a meat pouch shape..
- Beginning at one end of the flat circle, gather the edge to form pleats working your way around the circle. Bring the pleats together to form a pouch-like dumpling and seal the top..
- Fill and shape all the rolled out circles into pouch-like dumplings. Grease an idli steamer with oil and place the shaped dumplings leaving a little space between each of them. Fill a vessel with water and bring to boil..
- Once the water starts to boil, place the steamer in the vessel and cover with lid. Steam on high heat for 10 mins. They are done cooking when they are not sticky to touch..
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or any Chutney of your choice. #tech1 #steam/boil #Vegmodaks #modakrecipe #healthysnack #snackrecipe #steamedrecipes #steamedvegmodaks #southindianrecipe #cookingwithRoChef.