Zucchini Date Bread. This amazing zucchini bread recipe is made healthy with whole grains, honey (or maple syrup) and coconut oil instead of butter. Zucchini bread is a famously easy way to squeeze a few more veggies into kids' diets…and it's This wonderful, gluten free loaf marries grated zucchini and soaked medjool dates for a ton of moisture. Imagine a Zucchini Bread with a bit of everything.
This quick and easy Dates and Zucchini Bread is sweet, moist, and dense. It is great for a No wonder they are so popular. This Dates and Zucchini Bread recipe was adapted from Better Homes. You can have Zucchini Date Bread using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Date Bread
- It’s 1 cup of shredded zucchini.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pitted dates.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of whole-wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
Combine zucchini and dates to make a delicious quick bread that's served with a spicy cream cheese spread-a great make-ahead addition to any brunch. Zucchini Bread Date & Walnut Zucchini Loaf. The place to find tested recipes for comfort food, cozy home baking and healthy, globally-inspired meals. Saveur finalist for Best Original Recipes.
Zucchini Date Bread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 8x4x2 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray..
- Press moisture out of shredded zucchini with paper towels. Set aside..
- Combine chopped dates & water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat. Let stand about 15 minutes..
- Combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ground cinnamon, & ground cloves in large bowl..
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with fork. Stir in date mixture & zucchini..
- Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan..
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool zucchini bread completely on wire rack..
This top-secret family recipe for spicy, moist bread uses dates for a delicious change from ordinary zucchini bread. This zucchini bread recipe is a quick and easy sweet bread that is great for breakfast or snacking. Plus, it makes for a heartfelt homemade hostess gift! Combine the date paste with the egg mixture and mix until smooth. Add the grated zucchini and vanilla paste.