You can cook Ukadiche Modak using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ukadiche Modak
- You need 3 cup of Rice flour.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of powdered jaggery.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped dryfruits.
- It’s 1 cup of Grated fresh coconut.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s of For steaming.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ghee.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cardamom Powder.
Ukadiche Modak instructions
- For the filling in a pan add ghee. To this add chopped dryfruits. And roast at low heat. Be careful dryfruits burn quickly..
- Keep the dryfruits aside. Now add grated Coconut to the pan and keep stirring.. when the coconut changes colour to slight golden add the powdered jaggery..
- Add the dryfruits to this. Let the Jaggery melt and combine with the coconut and dryfruits. Add the cardamom Powder to this and lil bit of water if needed..
- The filling will stop sticking the khadhai surface when done.keep it aside to cool it down completely..
- Now, in a dekchi add 1.5 cup of water and to it add salt. Heat this water and add the rice flour it'll be better if you sieve the flour first and then add it keep moving the flour. Cover it and keep aside for 5 mins..
- Now, kneading can be difficult if you have heat sensitive skin sooo be careful, But it's better if you knead the dough while it's warm. Knead a smooth dough and cover it for 5 mins..
- Then, take small ball of dough flatten the dough with your hands carefully. Using the four petal flower technique..
- Pinch the dough on four sides it will automatically form a cavity add the filling and carefully seal the four petals..
- Now grease your modak steamer or momo maker and place these modaks in it. Make sure the water is boiling in the steamer already. Cover and let it steam for at least 7-8 mins at medium flame. They'll turn glossy when done..
- Now, spread some more ghee before serving. Serve hot. Happy Ganesh chaturthi..