Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is a dessert pie with a spiced, pumpkin-based custard filling. The pumpkin is a symbol of harvest time, and pumpkin pie is generally eaten during the fall and early winter. This pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for the holidays!
When making a pumpkin pie from scratch, you have a choice. You can either use pumpkin purée from a can, or make your own pumpkin purée by cooking a sugar. Pumpkin Pie from the Wikibooks cookbook, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. You can cook Pumpkin pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin pie
- Prepare 1 can of Pumpkin puree.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 can of sweet condensed milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fine salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- Prepare dash of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1 of 9 inch pie crust.
Pumpkin pie is a traditional American holiday dessert. It consists of a pumpkin-based custard baked in a single pie shell. This pie is traditionally served with whipped cream. Pumpkin pie is THE quintessential Thanksgiving dessert, am I right?
Pumpkin pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F Fahrenheit (220 degrees C).
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, egg yolks and egg in a large bowl until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg and allspice; whisk until combined.
- Prick pie crust with a fork on bottom and sides and place in oven for a few minutes till hot.
- Pour filling into the pie shell and lightly tap on the work surface to release any air bubbles..
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes..
- Reduce heat to 350°F Fahrenheit (175 degrees C) and bake until just set in the middle, 30 to 40 more minutes. A paring knife inserted into the filling should come out clean. Allow to cool completely and enjoy!.
It's rare to find a house that doesn't serve at least one, if for no other reason than "it's Thanksgiving, you have to have pumpkin. This easy pumpkin pie contains NO sweetened condensed milk and is the only pumpkin pie recipe you'll ever need! Literally everyone who tries this Pumpkin Pie Recipe falls in love with it. Easy homemade pumpkin pie recipe made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade), eggs How to make classic, unfussy pumpkin pie from scratch. This is our favorite way to make pumpkin pie.