Pumpkin Pie. Pumpkin pie is a dessert pie with a spiced, pumpkin-based custard filling. The pumpkin is a symbol of harvest time, and pumpkin pie is generally eaten during the fall and early winter. This pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for the holidays!
When making a pumpkin pie from scratch, you have a choice. You can either use pumpkin purée from a can, or make your own pumpkin purée by cooking a sugar. Pumpkin Pie from the Wikibooks cookbook, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. You can have Pumpkin Pie using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 4 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 can of Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin (29 oz).
- Prepare 2 can of Carnation 2% Evaporated Milk (12 fl. oz. each).
- You need 2 of unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie shells.
Pumpkin pie is a traditional American holiday dessert. It consists of a pumpkin-based custard baked in a single pie shell. This pie is traditionally served with whipped cream. Pumpkin pie is THE quintessential Thanksgiving dessert, am I right?
Pumpkin Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In small bowl, mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- In large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
It's rare to find a house that doesn't serve at least one, if for no other reason than "it's Thanksgiving, you have to have pumpkin. This easy pumpkin pie contains NO sweetened condensed milk and is the only pumpkin pie recipe you'll ever need! Literally everyone who tries this Pumpkin Pie Recipe falls in love with it. Easy homemade pumpkin pie recipe made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade), eggs How to make classic, unfussy pumpkin pie from scratch. This is our favorite way to make pumpkin pie.