Pumpkin Pie. Pumpkin pie is a dessert pie with a spiced, pumpkin-based custard filling. The pumpkin is a symbol of harvest time, and pumpkin pie is generally eaten during the fall and early winter. This pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for the holidays!
When making a pumpkin pie from scratch, you have a choice. You can either use pumpkin purée from a can, or make your own pumpkin purée by cooking a sugar. Pumpkin Pie from the Wikibooks cookbook, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. You can cook Pumpkin Pie using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie
- Prepare 1/4 of Kabocha squash (pumpkin).
- Prepare 30 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- You need 30 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 3 of sheets Puff pastry.
Pumpkin pie is a traditional American holiday dessert. It consists of a pumpkin-based custard baked in a single pie shell. This pie is traditionally served with whipped cream. Pumpkin pie is THE quintessential Thanksgiving dessert, am I right?
Pumpkin Pie step by step
- Cut the kabocha squash and remove the skin. Put the kabocha squash and one tablespoon each of water and sugar (not listed in ingredients) in a bowl. Cover with plastic film, and microwave for 5 minutes..
- Mash with a rolling pin and strain through a sieve (optional)..
- Put the mixture in a pan, and add the sugar, butter and milk. Simmer over low heat until the mixture is thickened and slightly firm..
- I used casserole dishes for this recipe..
- Roll out the puff pastry. Grease the dish with butter, and line the puff pastry snugly on the dish. Put the kabosha squash filling on top..
- Decorate as you like. This is the most fun step! Apply water or beaten eggs to seal the dough tightly, otherwise the sealed part will open during baking..
- Apply beaten eggs (not listed in ingredients) on the pie shell. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 200°C. If you prefer a less brown pie, bake it for 40 minutes at 180°C..
- It's done!!! Decorate with raisins if you have any, and the dish will look just like the original..
- Isn't it browned so nicely?.
- It's delicious either hot or cooled! Look at how much kabocha filling is in it!.
It's rare to find a house that doesn't serve at least one, if for no other reason than "it's Thanksgiving, you have to have pumpkin. This easy pumpkin pie contains NO sweetened condensed milk and is the only pumpkin pie recipe you'll ever need! Literally everyone who tries this Pumpkin Pie Recipe falls in love with it. Easy homemade pumpkin pie recipe made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade), eggs How to make classic, unfussy pumpkin pie from scratch. This is our favorite way to make pumpkin pie.