Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie.
You can cook Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of canned pumpkin*.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- You need 2/3 cup of dark Karo corn syrup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of coarsely chopped pecans*.
- You need 1 of prepared (frozen) deep dish pie crust*.
Grandma's Pecan Pumpkin Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, combine ONE egg, pumpkin, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Spread in pie crust..
- In medium/large bowl, beat remaining two eggs slightly. Stir in dark corn syrup and remaining 2/3 cup sugar. Then stir in butter and vanilla extract. Stir until well-blended..
- Stir in pecans. Carefully spoon over pumpkin mixture..
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until set around edge and it doesn't move or appear liquidy..
- Store in refrigerator..
- * For only a thin layer of pumpkin, use half a cup of the canned pumpkin. Grandma prefers it this way. I made it with a whole cup and that was fine too..
- * If you buy the packaged pecans from the baking isle, they're already coarsely chopped..
- * Do not that the pie crust. Just preheat a baking sheet in the oven and place the pie on that to bake..