Pumpkin Pie. Pumpkin pie is a dessert pie with a spiced, pumpkin-based custard filling. The pumpkin is a symbol of harvest time, and pumpkin pie is generally eaten during the fall and early winter. This pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for the holidays!
When making a pumpkin pie from scratch, you have a choice. You can either use pumpkin purée from a can, or make your own pumpkin purée by cooking a sugar. Pumpkin Pie from the Wikibooks cookbook, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. You can cook Pumpkin Pie using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie
- Prepare of blender.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cup of pumpkin.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need of spices.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need of pie crust.
- Prepare 1 of pie crust.
Pumpkin pie is a traditional American holiday dessert. It consists of a pumpkin-based custard baked in a single pie shell. This pie is traditionally served with whipped cream. Pumpkin pie is THE quintessential Thanksgiving dessert, am I right?
Pumpkin Pie instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the pre-made pie crust into the pie pan.
- Mix the eggs, pumpkin, and evaporated milk, together in blender and blend for about a minute.
- Mix spices into a bowl.
- Mix the spices into the blender now and run the blender until it's thoroughly mixed.
- Pour out the mixed ingredients from the blender into the pie pan.
- Cook the pie at 425°F for 15 minutes.
- After it has cooked for 15 minutes at 425°F, change the temperature to 350°F and let it cook for 35 minutes..
- Pull out of the oven and let cool, after cooled cut into slices and it's ready to serve..
It's rare to find a house that doesn't serve at least one, if for no other reason than "it's Thanksgiving, you have to have pumpkin. This easy pumpkin pie contains NO sweetened condensed milk and is the only pumpkin pie recipe you'll ever need! Literally everyone who tries this Pumpkin Pie Recipe falls in love with it. Easy homemade pumpkin pie recipe made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade), eggs How to make classic, unfussy pumpkin pie from scratch. This is our favorite way to make pumpkin pie.