Fresh pumpkin pie. Fresh Pumpkin Pie. featured in The Perfect Pie. Pierce Abernathy, Jacqueline Tris & Claire King. Use a paring knife or spoon remove all of the seeds and pulp.
Thanksgiving pie never looked so good or so. I only use fresh pumpkin in this recipe and it is well worth the little bit of extra effort. Pumpkin Pie Idea: Put a layer of marshmallows in the bottom of a pumpkin pie, then add the filling. You can have Fresh pumpkin pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fresh pumpkin pie
- You need 2 each of Small Pumpkin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of pumpkin spice.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of allspice.
- You need 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 of pie crust.
You will have a nice topping as the marshmallow will come to the top. Easy homemade pumpkin pie recipe made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade), eggs How to make classic, unfussy pumpkin pie from scratch. This is our favorite way to make pumpkin pie. This pie uses fresh Pie Pumpkins!
Fresh pumpkin pie instructions
- Remove the stalk by banging it on the edge of your counter. Slice your pumpkins in half. Refer to picture for size of pumpkins. Large pumpkins do not make tasty pies..
- Next, go ahead and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Clean the pumpkin well but dont remove the flesh..
- Ok now that we have our pumpkins split lets start seasoning them. I like to spead a little warm butter (about a tablespoon) on the insides along with a dash of each = pumpkin spice, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, clove and allspice. Just a dash of each is all you need! Go easy on the clove! ;).
- Now wrap those puppies up in aluminum foil and place them on a sheet pan..
- Bake the halved pumpkins for about an hour and a half at 350. Cooking time will vary depending on pumpkin thickness. If you arent sure just pull them at 1 hour and check one to make sure its not over cooking or burning. Rotate your pan at 1 hour..
- Remove the pumpkins from the oven and let them cool for about 15-30 minutes. You will want to scoop out the pumpkin flesh while it is still warm. You can toss out the juice and butter that remains before scooping..
- Mash the pumpkin and then add all the remaining ingredients. I use a robo coupe to lightly pulse down the texture a bit. Your mix should look like pancake batter. If your mash is too watery add more flour if too thick add more cream..
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 1 and a half hours at 325. I like to dash on a little extra spice on top before i bake it. Maybe just stick a few cloves in it..
- Remove the pies and allow at least half an hour to cool before slicing. Check doneness with a toothpick. Check center of the pie, it should come out 80% clean.Top with cool whip. Enjoy guys!.
It is so worth the effort to make this from scratch, because the canned pumpkin is never the same quality and bought ones don't taste the same. Melissa Clark's trick for making creamy pumpkin pie: use fresh butternut squash instead of canned pumpkin. Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times. Can we talk about pies for a second? I love the holiday season for the variety in desserts and pastries.