Homemade pumpkin pie and crust. To make this easy pie crust recipe you'll need some all-purpose flour, salt, sugar, unsalted butter, shortening, and ice water. Each of these ingredients plays a crucial role in creating a delicious pie crust, so let's break them down. Flour: I use all-purpose flour when making this homemade pie.
My mom was the best pie crust and pie maker ever… I do not have her talent. I made this pie crust and now I feel like I'm going to make it to mom. Hey guys, today we are making a homemade pumpkin pie with homemade butter pie crust. You can have Homemade pumpkin pie and crust using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade pumpkin pie and crust
- Prepare of for crust:.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 8 tbsp of cold unsalted butter (1 stick).
- You need 5 tbsp of ice water.
- You need of pumpkin pie filling.
- Prepare 1 can of 15 oz pumpkin.
- You need 1 can of 12 oz evaporated milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of pumpkin spice.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of whipped cream (optional).
I am a stay-at-home mama who has learned some tips and tricks along the way that I'd like to share with you. I will share reviews of products, cooking/baking, cleaning, soap making and everyday life with a. Easy homemade pumpkin pie recipe made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade), eggs, cream, sugar, and spices. With pumpkin pie, though, we love how the crust becomes moistened a little from the filling.
Homemade pumpkin pie and crust instructions
- Preheat oven to 350° Mix flour, salt and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Cut butter into small pieces and add to bowl. Use a pastry cutter or even a fork works to cut butter into flour mixture until butter is pea sized..
- Drizzle 4 tablespoons of ice water and mix just until it comes together… don't overwork the dough (use last tablespoon if needed).
- Shape dough to fit pie pan, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes..
- Replace plastic wrap with wax paper and use pie weights, a good layer dried beans or even rice. Place in middle rack of oven for 15 minutes..
- Remove wax paper and weights, beans or rice and continue to bake an additional 10 minutes to achieve a good color..
- Allow it to cool completely before adding pie filling..
- To make pumpkin pie filling:.
- Preheat oven to 425° Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin, sugar and spice. Gradually stir in evaporated milk..
- Pour in cooled pie crust, bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving..
The base of the crust browns, but where the filling and crust meet, it's soft and. From my Homemade Pie Crust, which is an absolute must, to my rich pumpkin filling, I will teach you How to Make Pumpkin Pie in a way that will have you craving it all year round! And why make your own pie crust when you can get a refrigerated or frozen for just a few dollars? The perfect pumpkin pie is easy to make and has no cracks! With Thanksgiving just around the corner, one of the most popular recipes that is searched and requested is homemade pumpkin pie.