Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is a dessert pie with a spiced, pumpkin-based custard filling. The pumpkin is a symbol of harvest time, and pumpkin pie is generally eaten during the fall and early winter. This pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for the holidays!
When making a pumpkin pie from scratch, you have a choice. You can either use pumpkin purée from a can, or make your own pumpkin purée by cooking a sugar. Pumpkin Pie from the Wikibooks cookbook, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. You can cook Pumpkin pie using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin pie
- Prepare 1 of small pumpkin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 1 of serving spoon of A P flour.
- You need 1/2 of serving spoon brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 of serving spoons sugar.
- You need 1 stick of salted butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of water.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
Pumpkin pie is a traditional American holiday dessert. It consists of a pumpkin-based custard baked in a single pie shell. This pie is traditionally served with whipped cream. Pumpkin pie is THE quintessential Thanksgiving dessert, am I right?
Pumpkin pie instructions
- Split pumpkin in half and extract all of pumpkin insides..
- Cut pumpkin halves into strips, submerge in water and boil for 45 minutes..
- Remove rine.
- Add ingredients and mix evenly.
- Place in pie crust and bake for 1 hour at 350°F..
It's rare to find a house that doesn't serve at least one, if for no other reason than "it's Thanksgiving, you have to have pumpkin. This easy pumpkin pie contains NO sweetened condensed milk and is the only pumpkin pie recipe you'll ever need! Literally everyone who tries this Pumpkin Pie Recipe falls in love with it. Easy homemade pumpkin pie recipe made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade), eggs How to make classic, unfussy pumpkin pie from scratch. This is our favorite way to make pumpkin pie.