Pumpkin Pie. Pumpkin pie is a dessert pie with a spiced, pumpkin-based custard filling. The pumpkin is a symbol of harvest time, and pumpkin pie is generally eaten during the fall and early winter. This pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for the holidays!
When making a pumpkin pie from scratch, you have a choice. You can either use pumpkin purée from a can, or make your own pumpkin purée by cooking a sugar. Pumpkin Pie from the Wikibooks cookbook, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. You can cook Pumpkin Pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cup of pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 each of pie crust.
Pumpkin pie is a traditional American holiday dessert. It consists of a pumpkin-based custard baked in a single pie shell. This pie is traditionally served with whipped cream. Pumpkin pie is THE quintessential Thanksgiving dessert, am I right?
Pumpkin Pie step by step
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs slightly in a bowl.
- Slowly add pumpkin and dry ingredients mixing with a spoon..
- Add evaporated milk and mix.
- Pour into pie crust (homemade or store bought)..
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes..
- Lower temperature to 350 and bake an additional 30-40 minutes until a knife comes out clean when poked..
- Let cool for 2 hours before refrigerating..
- Add toasted pumpkin seeds on top (optional). I toasted mine with olive oil, salt, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg..
It's rare to find a house that doesn't serve at least one, if for no other reason than "it's Thanksgiving, you have to have pumpkin. This easy pumpkin pie contains NO sweetened condensed milk and is the only pumpkin pie recipe you'll ever need! Literally everyone who tries this Pumpkin Pie Recipe falls in love with it. Easy homemade pumpkin pie recipe made with pumpkin puree (canned or homemade), eggs How to make classic, unfussy pumpkin pie from scratch. This is our favorite way to make pumpkin pie.