Pumpkin Pie Bars. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour mixture into pan over dough. In a large bowl mix flour, butter, powdered sugar, and a pinch of salt together until mixture is crumbly.
I love to use evaporated milk in this recipe because it's thicker than normal milk, and has the flavor of cream, without adding all the fat and calories that heavy cream would add. Pumpkin Pie Bars are easy dessert bars made with canned pumpkin pie filling and from-scratch crust and topping, that's made in one bowl. The cinnamon crumb topping is irresistible! You can cook Pumpkin Pie Bars using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Prepare of Crust :.
- Prepare 9 of full sheets of graham crackers (or 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 2 tbsp. of granulated sugar.
- It’s 5 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need of Filling :.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of pumpkin puree.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar (light or dark).
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice.
- You need 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of ground pepper.
Crumb bars are my favorite dessert bars to make ( right next to cheesecake! ), starting with the sour cream bars, their lemon version and of course, the caramel apple bars that are pure indulgence! Add butter; mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. My taste testers (hey ladies!!) loved this recipe. Made with a rich and creamy filling, these pumpkin pie bars are a delicious twist of the classic pie and a nice way to feed a crowd without being too messy!
Pumpkin Pie Bars step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13" baking pan with parchment paper, leaving enough of an overhang on the sides to easily lift out the completed bars. Set this aside..
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and pecans together until they turn to crumbs. Then add in the granulated sugar and melted butter and continue to pulse until everything is moistened and combined..
- Place the crust mixture into the prepared baking pan and pack it down tightly and evenly over the bottom. Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Once it's done remove from the oven and set it aside until your ready with the pie filling..
- For the filling, place the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment to quickly whisk it all together until combined..
- Pour the pie filling evenly over the top of the graham cracker crust. Place it in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the center is no longer jiggly..
- Place the baking pan on a cooling rack and let it sit until it has cooled completely. Once it's cool, cover it and transfer it to the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days..
- Once chilled and you're ready to serve, remove the pan from the fridge and lift the parchment paper out of the pan. Slice into squares and serve. Leftovers can be stored for up to a week covered in the fridge..
Pumpkin pie has and most likely will always be a favorite of my family right after we visit the local pumpkin patch. These Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars can be whipped up in minutes and are so easy to slice and serve! Perfect for Thanksgiving and the holidays! EASY PUMPKIN PIE BARS This is one of those recipes that I make several times a season. This recipe for Easy Pumpkin Pie Bars totally works for sweet potato too.