Fresh Homemade Salsa.
You can cook Fresh Homemade Salsa using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fresh Homemade Salsa
- You need 1 large of Tomato.
- It’s 1 of thin stalk Celery.
- You need 1/4 of Onion.
- It’s 1 of Green pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic (grated).
- You need 2 tsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of Cilantro (also known as coriander).
- It’s 1 of Seasoned salt or plain salt.
- It’s 1 of Pepper.
- You need of For extra spice.
- Prepare 1 of Tabasco (the green or red variety).
- Prepare 1/2 of a pepper Red chili pepper or green chili peppers (or both).
Fresh Homemade Salsa step by step
- Chop your tomatoes into cubes. Finely chop your onions, celery stalks, and bell peppers. Soak the chopped onions in a bowl of water..
- Finely chop your green chili peppers. Grate your garlic. Strain the chopped onion and remove any excess moisture with paper towels or similar..
- Combine all the ingredients together. Add Tabasco as desired. The flavors will settle in and become more delicious if you let your salsa sit for 30 minutes or so..
- Here's what I used this time. The bottled red and green chili peppers were purchased at an import store. It's better if you use fresh lemon juice, but I just used the store-bought kind since I didn't have any fresh lemons on hand..
- I couldn't find any fresh cilantro, so I used a freeze-dried version. If you don't have any cilantro, you can substitute it with chopped celery leaves..