You can cook Lentil Modak using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil Modak
- It’s 1 cup of mixed dal powder (masoor, chana, urad, moong & tuvar dal).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar, powdered.
- You need 2 tbsp. of ghee.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. of milk or as required.
- You need of chopped nuts / sugar crystals to garnish (opt).
Lentil Modak step by step
- Take equal quantities of the each lentil and soak them overnight. Next day, drain and sun dry them. Then powder and keep in an air-tight container for later use..
- In a pan, heat ghee and stir fry the 1 cup dal powder for a minute or two till you get a nice aroma coming through..
- Switch off the flame and add the powdered sugar and cardamom powder..
- Mix everything well and let it cool down..
- Add milk little at a time to make the mix moist. Divide into equal portions and give a modak shape to each portion..
- Sprinkle some sugar crystals / chopped nuts and offer to Lord Ganesha..