Steamed Modak. Easy way to make Traditional, Authentic Modaks which is nothing but a rice flour dumpling with sweet jaggery and coconut n nuts filling. Modak, Steamed Modak made with mould and handmade modak with detailed step by step recipes. Modak is a sweet dumpling stuffed with a filling of coconut and jaggery.
So they are also called 'steamed modak'. Modak are Maharashtrian festive dumplings made of rice flour dough & a sweet coconut jaggery filling. Traditionally these sweet dumplings are handmade, filled and then steamed. You can have Steamed Modak using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steamed Modak
- Prepare 1 cup of rice flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1.5 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered or grated jaggery.
- You need 4-5 of green cardamom.
- Prepare 1 pinch of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of poppy seeds.
- You need 2 tsp of finely chopped dryfruits.
- It’s 2 tsp of ghee.
Modak recipe with step by step photos. Ukadiche modak is one of the most popular modak variety made during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Modak is Bhagwan Ganesha's favorite sweet. Find steamed modak stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.
Steamed Modak instructions
- First heat ghee in pan keep flame to a low add poppy seeds,ardamom powder and nutmeg powder saute for some seconds till poppy seeds start crackling.
- Add grated coconut and grated jaggery.
- Mix well and cook on low flame the jaggery will melt first.
- Stirr continue till moisture frm jaggery begins to dry Swittch off flame then cover it for few mints.keep aside filling is ready now.
- For outer covering ::in a pan add water,oil and salt keep on high flame to boil..
- Reduce the flame and add rice flour gradually quickly stirr and mix well with water.
- Swttich off the flame then cover it for 5 mints..
- Now make dough so apply water on your palms and Knead dough very well Make small balls from the dough roll the balls till smooth in your palms.
- Make balls with your fingers make balls you can apply oil while flatting.
- Now place filling in centre now all edges join then remove etc portion make all the modak this way.
- Now grease the steamer lightly with oil steam all modak for 15 mints.
- Once "UKADI CHE MODAK" steamed,drizzle a few tsp of ghee on Modaks.
- Then Modak are ready to be offered to"Lord Ganesha".
Fry poppy seeds dry and mix with jaggery and coconut. Tasty steamed modaks ready to serve. Savor the delicious steamed modaks with ghee. See more ideas about Modak recipe, Steam, Cardamom powder. Steamed Modak is a popular Maharashtrian recipe that is traditionally prepared on Ganesh Chaturthi and is distributed as prasad among the worshipers.