Mayonnaise Palak Dumplings modak. Modak are Maharashtrian festive dumplings made of rice flour dough & a sweet coconut jaggery filling. Traditionally these sweet dumplings are handmade, filled and then. Tradition and culture mixed together, festival and food go hand in hand.celebrate the joyous festival of Ganeshotsav with special Traditional Modak.
Here's the basic recipe Modak is an Indian sweet dumpling believed to have originated in the state of Maharashtra. In India, modak is prepared in a variety of ways, and it is known under various names. Depending on the region, it is also referred to as mothagam or kozhukattai in Tamil, modhaka or kadubu in Kannada, or kudumu. You can have Mayonnaise Palak Dumplings modak using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mayonnaise Palak Dumplings modak
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped palak(spinach).
- You need 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of soda bicarbonate.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need as needed of Oil for greasing.
- Prepare as needed of Water for making dough.
- It’s 2 tbsp of rava.
- It’s 3 tbsp of besan/gram flour.
- You need 4-5 tbsp of wheat flour.
- You need as needed of cheese for garnishing.
Modak is a delicious sweet steamed rice dumpling filled with coconut and nuts. It is also vegan and gluten free. This is a very popular sweet for Ganesh Sealed the filling shaping it into dome shape. Proceed to make all modaks same way.
Mayonnaise Palak Dumplings modak instructions
- In a bowl add palak. Then add all the above ingredients mix them together. Now add little water to make a dough..
- Now take modak mould. Grease it with oil. Fill the mould with the mixture. After mixture is filled open the mould and shape of dumpling is ready. After all dumplings are ready refrigerate them for atleast 10-5min..
- After 15min. Take a boiler to steam dumpling. Here I have used idli moulds you can use any other method too. Grease the moulds with oil. Keep the refrigerate dumplings into the idli mould steam them for atleast 10-15min on medium flame.
- After 15min turn off the gas. Remove the moulds and serve hot dumpling with sauce and garnish it with cheese..
- Note: I have black pepper powder if you don't want to use black pepper you can use regular red chilli powder..
Steam the modaks in covered pan over medium heat about. Modak recipe with step by step photos. Ukadiche modak is one of the most popular modak variety made during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Modak is Bhagwan Ganesha's favorite sweet and made in many Hindu homes during the first day of Ganesh Chaturthi Festival. Homemade Eggless Mayonnaise yes you heard it right!