Thandai flavoured Kacha-Golla Modak.
You can cook Thandai flavoured Kacha-Golla Modak using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thandai flavoured Kacha-Golla Modak
- You need 150 gms of Homemade Chenna or Paneer.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Malai.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Rose essence.
- Prepare For of Thandai Masala powder:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Almonds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cashew Nuts.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Pistachios.
- It’s 25-30 of Black peppercorn.
- It’s 20-25 of Cardamom.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Poppy Seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fennel seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Melon seeds.
Thandai flavoured Kacha-Golla Modak step by step
- First to make Thandai masala powder, Grind all mentioned spices & nuts to a fine powder..
- First divide 150 gm homemade paneer in 2 equal partions. Mash & knead the one half with hand for 5 mins to the smooth texture..
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp Malai, 2 tbsp Sugar and cook for 10 mins till it thickens (like condensed milk). Add 1 tbsp thandai masala powder, few drops of rose essence too. Mix and cook for 2 more mins. Keep this mixture aside..
- Now put the kneaded paneer to a pan, cook for 3-4 mins till water evaporates. Now add prepared thandai flavoured sweet malai mixture to it, mix well and cook for 2-3 mins. Let it cool down..
- Now crumble the second portion of paneer and combine it with above mixture in a bowl or plate till it forms a smooth dough. Refrigerate it for 1/2 an hr as it's so soft, it might break making ladoos..
- Now make the ladoo/modak shapes. Kacha golla is ready. Refrigerate it for at least 1 hr before serving..