RAGI-ALMOND Modak. Ragi Modak / Momos is a sweet-filling and Nutritious dish that can be served to kids in this Special Occasion as a snack on this Ganesh Chaturthi. Ragi modak recipe – Healthy, delicious sweet ragi modak or kozhukattai recipe. If you are on a health spree, this is a must try recipe for Ganesh chaturthi.
I love trying out many modak varieties this year wanted to try modak with ragi flour and it turned out above my expectations. Ragi Modak recipe is a festival special recipe which is highly nutritious and yummy. Our kids are super choosy and they strive to have different snack varieties. You can cook RAGI-ALMOND Modak using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of RAGI-ALMOND Modak
- Prepare 4-5 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 1 cup of ragi flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Gur/ jaggery.
- You need 1/4 cup of Almond powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Elachi powder.
- Prepare for of Stuffing:.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Crushed Almonds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coconut powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Milkmaid.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Black raisins.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Elachi powder.
- Prepare For of Decoration: Silver vark,sesame seeds.
This is not just a special occasion recipe. Almond Modak is a delicious Indian recipe served as a Dessert. Find the complete instructions on Bawarchi. This modak was in my mind for very long time.
RAGI-ALMOND Modak step by step
- First we prepare modak inner filling or stuffing..
- Heat ghee in a pan. Keep the gas flame low. Add sesame seeds, coconut powder,crushed Almonds and roast for few minutes. Now off the flame add Milkmaid and mix it again..
- Then add black raisins and elachi powder.Mix well.Keep the mixture cool. Our stuffing is ready for modak inner filling..
- Now for soft outer covering..
- Heat ghee in a pan.When ghee melted add ragi flour and continue stir and roast evenly on low flame..
- The colour slightly changes and the raw smell will go off and a nice aroma of cooked Ragi will start coming..
- Now add crushed Gur,Almond powder, and mix well,.
- Then add Milk, elachi powder. Mix continue till no lumps form in mixture. Check Mixture will be soft..
- Now Grease the mould with ghee and sprinkle sesame seeds set aside..
- Divide the dough and stuffing in two equal parts.Keep the dough balls and keep pressing into the mould.Keep stuffing into the center..
- Now bring the ends together to seal it then remove carefully. Repeat the process with rest of dough..
- Here I used triangle mould also. If you don't have mould.Shape it with your own hand..
- Now Decorate these with silver vark. Our Modak in different style and design are ready to eat..
But because of my laziness i didn't make it in Lemon Rice, Coconut Rice, Peanut Rice, Khoya Modak, Tamarind Rice, Potato Poriyal, Curd Rice, Red Rice. Garnish with almond or pista slivers if using. Serve warm, cold or at room temperature and enjoy irresistible jamuns. Other Easy Sweets you can try for Rakhi. Ragi Almond drink is an easy Indian food recipe that is prepared with ragi, roasted almond powder and jaggery.