Papaya Steamed Modak.
You can cook Papaya Steamed Modak using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Papaya Steamed Modak
- It’s 1 cup of chopped ripe papaya.
- It’s 1 cup of modak atta / flour.
- It’s 1.5 cup of water.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare of For stuffing :.
- You need 1 cup of grated coconut.
- It’s 3/4 cup of jaggery.
- You need 1 tsp of poppy seeds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped dry fruits.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s of Ghee for greasing the modak mould.
- It’s of Water for steaming the modaks.
Papaya Steamed Modak step by step
- Grind and make puree of the chopped papaya..
- Heat a pan and put water in it along with salt, sugar and ghee..
- Then add the papaya puree in it and mix it well..
- Then slowly add the modak flour in it..
- Mix it well by continuously stirring and make a dough. Keep it aside. After cooling down knead it well to make a smooth dough..
- For stuffing heat the same or different pan and put grated coconut and jaggery in it..
- Mix it well and then add chopped almonds, cashew nuts and raisins in it..
- Then add poppy seeds, and cardamom powder and mix it well. The stuffing must not be so dry..
- Now your stuffing is also ready. Now this the time for preparing this the modaks..
- Grease the modak mould with ghee and put small ball of dough inside it and put the stuffing in it and close the dough again and demould it..
- You can repeat the same process for all the modaks..
- Now steam the modaks by putting water in a vessel and then cover it with a wet cloth..
- Cover it and after 15 minutes all the modaks are perfectly steamed..
- Now the papaya steamed modaks are ready..
- Garnish with some chopped pistachios and then modaks are ready for Prasad..