Chana Dal Modak.
You can have Chana Dal Modak using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chana Dal Modak
- You need For of Chana Dal:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chana dal.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need For of Sweet Stuff:.
- You need 1/3 cup of grated coconut.
- You need 1/2 cup of jaggery powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need For of Dough:.
- It’s 1 cup of rice flour or modak flour.
- You need 1.5 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sesame oil.
Chana Dal Modak step by step
- Wash chana dal in running water and cook in pressure cooker by adding a cup of water. Cook chana dal in medium flame. Once done keep aside..
- Take another pan add jaggery with a quarter cup of water. Stir until jaggery melts. Do this in low flame. Just melt the jaggery don't thicken the syrup. Use the strainer to filter the syrup and keep aside. Now strain the excess water from chana dal and mash it. Now mix mashed chana dal, jaggery syrup and grated coconut. Mix everything very well..
- Cook this mixture on low flame. Cook until the stuff starts thickening. The mixture will begin to leave the side of the pan and become dry. Switch off the flame and keep aside. Don't overcook this. Finally add the cardamom powder to this and mix very well. Cool down the mixture completely..
- It's time to prepare the dough. In a pan take 1.5 cups of water and place it on stove medium to high flame. Then add 1/4 tsp of salt and oil. Le the water to get rolling boil consistency. Now reduce the flame a bit add a cup of rice flour gradually. Quickly start stirring. Mix well and switch off the gas. Cover the pan and keep aside for 5 to 8 minutes..
- Transfer this mixture to wide plate and knead to dough while it's warm. The dough should be soft and smooth. Cover the dough will muslin cloth for 13 minutes..
- Now it's time to make modak. Make small balls from dough. They should be smooth. Grease the modak mold with bit of oil. Close the mold and put the dough ball in the mold. Press the dough along the surface of the mold. Add chana dal stuffing. Then cover with a small piece of dough on top. Press to it. Now unlock the mould. Gently remove the modak from the mold. Keep aside on a clean plate. Do this with remaining dough..
- In idli pan or steamer you have to steam the modak for 10 to 13 minutes on low flame until done. Once done remove from the steamer and serve hot..
- Yummy healthy snack is ready. You can prepare this for breakfast, snack. We usually prepare this for pooja..