Apple Jam Modak.
You can have Apple Jam Modak using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Jam Modak
- You need of For outer layer of modak:.
- It’s 1 cup of rice flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of ghee.
- You need 1-2 drop of yellow food colour.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of For inner filling of modak.
- Prepare 4 of fresh red apple.
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of chopped almonds.
Apple Jam Modak instructions
- Heat ghee in pan and keep flame low to gas now add grated apple and then cook until they shocked there water, after then add sugar, pinch of salt and chopped almonds, now cook it to low to medium flame when you look it there colour will be change and texture also will be thick and off the gas and cool down..
- In a pan or dekchi add the water, oil or ghee,sugar and yellow food colour. keep it on the stove top..
- Let this mixture come to a boil. reduce the flame and add the rice flour gradually. quickly stir and mix the flour with the water..
- Stir till all the rice flour is mixed with the water..
- Switch off the flame. remove the pan from the stove top and then cover this pan with a lid for 4 to 5 minutes..
- Now take all the dough in a large plate or thali or in a bowl. gather the dough together and begin to knead.
- The dough will be hot when, you begin to knead. so apply some water on your palms and knead the dough. knead the dough very well..
- Make small balls from the dough. roll the balls till smooth in your palms..
- You can also apply some water on your palms, while rolling the balls. keep the balls covered with a kitchen towel. the balls should be smooth in appearance and should not have any cracks..
- Before you start shaping the modak, keep 2 to 2.5 cups water for steaming in a large pan. you can even shape the modak first and then keep water to boil. cover the shaped modak with a clean kitchen towel before you begin to steam them..
- Grease a steamer pan lightly with oil or ghee. take a ball and flatten it with your fingers to a round disc or a shallow bowl shape. you can apply ghee or oil in your palms while flattening..
- Place the sweet filling in the center. press the edges you can also press the edges first and then place the sweet filling..
- Bring together all the edges and join them. remove the extra portion of the dough from the top, if any. shape and taper the top of the modak with your fingers..
- Make all the modak this way. place a rack or stand in the large pan. the place the steamer pan with modak on it. the water should be hot or boiling when you place the modak in the large pan..
- Cover the large pan with a lid and steam for 10 to 15 minutes on a low flame..
- Once the modak are steamed, drizzle a few teaspoons of ghee on the modak. Apple jam modak are ready to be offered to bhagwan ganesha..