Sesame Modak. Ellu Kozhukattai Recipe or Sesame Modak Recipe. Sesame Modak Recipe with Step by Step Photos: Dry roast the raw sesame seeds on a low-medium flame until they are golden color. Ellu Kozhukattai or Til Modak or Nuvvu Poornam Kudumulu is an Indian steamed rice flour dumplings stuffed with sesame seed jaggery filling.
In a pan dry roast sesame till it pops out. Don't let it And seal it in the form of a modak. Likewise make all the modaks and keep it ready. You can have Sesame Modak using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sesame Modak
- Prepare of For dough—-.
- It’s 2 cups of rice flour.
- You need 1 cup of water +2 tbsp extra.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ghee.
- You need of For stuffing—-.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sesame seeds (roasted).
- You need 1 cup of dessicated coconut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of jaggery.
- You need 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
Here is a modak recipe packed with the goodness of sesame and saffron along with a stuffing of coconut, poppy seeds, jaggery, cardamom and nutmeg. How to make Saffron and Sesame Modak..sesame seeds modak recipe where the outer layer is made from rice flour and stuffing is made from sesame Here is the pic of the ingredients required to make til modak. Sesame Modak – Steamed Rice Flour Dumplings with sesame, coconut and jaggery filling. So my MIL keeps..fried modak, mawa modak, modak, sugar free modak, rasmalai, mysore pak, easy gulab jamun also if the modaks break while you are pressing and creating cup, do not worry. sprinkle water and.
Sesame Modak step by step
- In a bowl add roasted sesame seeds, grated jaggery, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, desicated coconut mix well and keep aside. Make small balls (for stuffing)..
- Heat water in a pan, add salt and ghee in and bring it to a boil. Once the water comes to a boil, switch off the heat and add the rice flour in the pan. Mix well, cover and keep aside for 5 minutes..
- Remove the dough from the pan on a clean surface. Apply ghee on your palms and knead the dough well until it is very smooth. Keep applying ghee in your palms while kneading the dough. You have to knead the dough when it is slightly hot..
- Make small balls like chapati ball. Take a ball and press with your finger tip at centre and make a hole into it to place the filling. Stuff the balls with prepared sesame seeds mixture, close it properly with wet fingers and give shape as you like. Make all the modak in same manner, cook balls in a steamer for 15 minute. Cool it and enjoy them as it is..
Sesame seeds have a nutty, slightly sweet taste and contribute a wonderful flavor to this simple salad dressing, calling for ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Fried modak recipe that you can make for Ganesh Chaturthi Festival. Modak is sweet dumpling made during Ganesh Chaturthi During the festival, I make steamed modak and Patholi (stuffed rice sweet). Ukadiche modak recipe or steamed modak recipe. Sesame ((/ˈsɛzəmiː/ or /ˈsɛsəmiː/; Sesamum indicum) is a flowering plant in the genus Sesamum, also called benne.