Super Easy Potato Salad.
You can have Super Easy Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super Easy Potato Salad
- Prepare 3 medium of potatoes (russet or idaho).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of mayonaise.
- You need 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of of dill pickle relish.
- Prepare 1 small of onion.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of *** for a sweeter potato salad use Miracle Whip type salad dressing and sweet pickle relish.
- You need 1 of **& things u can add… green olives, eggs, crumbled bacon….
Super Easy Potato Salad instructions
- boil potatoes. water should cover potatoes +1" leave Peel on..
- *** Idaho and russet potatoes Peel very easy if you run them under cold water as soon as they are done..
- after potatoes are tender, drain off water and run under cold water. rinse twice.. fill pan with cold water and let sit until there cool enough to handle.(about 30 minutes).
- Peel potatoes…. if using Idaho or russets the Peel maybe able to be removed by hand. potatoes need to be boiled whole with Peel. .. this keeps them from falling apart and gives them a better taste…..
- cut potatoes in cubes. My mother uses an old fashion potato masher and mashes into course chunks. this also give potato salad a much creameir feel..
- add mayonnaise, mustard, onion, & relish..
- mix well. add salt and pepper to taste..
- *** my Dad doesn't like eggs. I've seen people add minced celery to it also ….
- *** this a very basic potato salad but my family loves it. my rule of thumb is boil one Med potato per person..
- *** this is a basic recipe make it your own..