Fried Mawa Modak.
You can have Fried Mawa Modak using 13 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Mawa Modak
- You need of Covering.
- You need 1 cup of wheat flour.
- It’s 1 cup of maida.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fine semolina.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of ghee.
- Prepare of Mawa Filling.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of grated mawa.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar/ white sugar or jaggery powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ghee.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped pistachios, cashews, almonds and raisins.
- You need 1 teaspoon of green cardamom powder.
- Prepare 2 cups of oil or ghee for deep frying.
Fried Mawa Modak step by step
- Sieve together all flours..
- Heat ghee. Add hot ghee to the flour mixture..
- Mix with a spoon. Then make a crumble like mixture by mixing with fingers..
- Knead a soft dough by adding water little by little. Apply drops of ghee, cover an keep aside..
- Keep things ready for the mawa filling.
- In a pan heat ghee and add the dry fruit mixture.
- Add coconut and roast until the mixture become a little dry..
- Add mawa and roast..
- Now add brown sugar and roast..
- Finally add cardamom powder and mix everything until it becomes like a one doughy mass..
- Filling is ready. Let it cool down completely..
- Pinch a big lemon sized dough, roll into thin disc. Cut small circles out of it..
- Use sharp edged cups or cookie cutter..
- Keep 1 teaspoon of the stuffing in the centre of the small prepared discs. Cover by pleating and pinching them together as shown in the picture..
- Add a small piece of dough and check if oil is ready..
- If oil bubbles and dough comes up, it means the oil is perfect. Add modaks and fry until golden..
- Keep stirring the modaks for even colour..
- Offer to God and eat after distributing tasty prasadams to friends, neighbours and family..