fried bologna sandwiches. A fried bologna (c'mon, we know it's pronounced baloney, no matter how it's spelled) sandwich occupies that delicious middle ground between sentimental Southern comfort food and charming throwback party fare. Either way, it's a tasty meal that is a step up from a ho-hum cold sandwich that is slapped together in the flinty blue light of an open fridge door. Put oil in a frying pan and heat to med. high.
Fried Bologna, or Fried Baloney, is one of those old school sandwiches. Soft white bread, a schmear of mustard and crisp fried bologna! Fried Bologna Sandwiches (Southern Style) Recipe by Little Bee. You can cook fried bologna sandwiches using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of fried bologna sandwiches
- You need of sandwich.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of bologna.
- Prepare 3 small of tomatoes sliced thin.
- You need 8 oz of lettuce shredded thinly.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of red wine vinegar to taste.
- It’s 2 1/2 loaf of bread like hoagies or your favorite bread.
- You need 1 of bread and butter pickles or dill pickles to taste.
- You need of mayo mustard mixture.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tbsp of yellow prepared mustard.
Don't know if it is a Southern thing or not but I grew up on these! I sometimes indulge in one of these late at night or as a late breakfast! Don't stick your nose up until you try them. A bologna sandwich is a ho-hum but ubiquitous lunch option, but there are ways to make it a bit more interesting.
fried bologna sandwiches step by step
- slice bologna to 1/4-3/8 inch(8mm-10mm) thick.
- in a pan add olive oil just enough to let the bologna start frying.
- after they are fried add a little oil enough to spread on bread fry in pan both sides.
- assemble the sandwich mayo or mayo mustard mixture to bread, lettuce, tomatoes, salt, pepper, vinegar, pickles , bologna put on top cut in half enjoy.
- mayo mustard mixture mix with fork till pale yellow.
In the South, for example, cooks give this sandwich a bit of a twist by frying the bologna first. They simply place the bologna slices onto a lightly buttered griddle or nonstick pan and fry them up until they are browned. In a cast-iron skillet set over medium-high heat, melt the butter and then add the bologna. Fried bologna sandwiches are cheap, easy to make, and can be the main dish of a delicious meal. First heat a frying pan to medium-high heat.