Modak(shree ganesha 🙏🙏). Chalisa refers to Hindu devotional poem consisting of Forty Verses. The word "Chalisa" comes from "chalees" which means forty. Listen & Sing to Shree Ganesh Prathana "Moshak Wahan Modak Hashtay" in the voice of Ajit Kadkade.
This Modak Gift item made of pure silver. Ganesh Atharvashirsha is a stotra dedicated to Lord Ganesha, who is considered as the prime deity in the Hindu pantheon. The stotra expounds on how Lord Gane. You can have Modak(shree ganesha 🙏🙏) using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Modak(shree ganesha 🙏🙏)
- Prepare 1 cup of / 150 grams rice flour 1.5 cups water ¼ teaspoon ghee.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of / 100 grams fresh grated coconut.
- You need 1 cup of / 200 grams powdered or grated jaggery.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder or 6 to 7 green cardamoms, powdered i.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of rice flour – optional.
Modak, Steamed Modak made with mould and handmade modak with detailed step by step recipes. Modak is a sweet dumpling stuffed with a filling of coconut and jaggery. Ukadiche Modak which is steamed modak is specially made during the first day of Ganesh Chaturti to welcome him. Modak is an Indian sweet dumpling believed to have originated in the state of Maharashtra.
Modak(shree ganesha 🙏🙏) step by step
- Heat ghee in a pan. Keep flame to a low. Add poppy seeds. Fry for some seconds till the poppy seeds start crackling..
- Then add grated fresh coconut, jaggery, cardamom powder and grated nutmeg. Mix well and cook this coconut-jaggery mixture on a low flame. The jaggery will melt first..
- Stirring often cook this mixture for 7 to 9 minutes till the moisture from the jaggery begins to dry. Switch off the flame. Don’t overcook as the jaggery then hardens. Keep this coconut-jaggery filling aside. On cooling, the mixture will thicken more..
- You can also add a bit of rice flour to this mixture. This is an optional step. The rice flour helps to absorb moisture, if any from the filling. Keep the filling aside to cool..
- Now take all the dough in a large plate or thali or in a bowl. Gather the dough together and begin to knead it..
- The dough will be hot when, you begin to knead. So apply some water on your palms and knead the dough. Knead the dough very well. If you feel the dough looks dense or hard or dry, then just add a few teaspoons of warm water and continue to knead.
- Make small balls from the dough. Roll the balls till smooth in your palms. You can also apply some water on your palms, while rolling the balls. Keep the balls covered with a kitchen towel. The balls should be smooth in appearance and should not have any cracks..
- Take a ball and flatten it with your fingers to a round disc or a shallow bowl shape. You can apply ghee or oil in your palms while flattening. Place the sweet filling in the center..
- Flute and press the edges. Bring together all the edges and join them. Remove the extra portion of the dough from the top, if any. Shape and taper the top of the modak with your fingers..
- Grease the modak mould with a bit of ghee or oil. Then close or lock the mould. Put the dough ball inside the mould and press it so that a space is made. Place the sweet stuffing..
- The water should be hot or boiling when you place the modak in the large pan. Cover the pan and steam modak for 10 to 15 minutes on a medium-low flame. On the Instant Pot, use the steam function on high for steaming and keep the steam vent in venting position so that the steam releases while steaming. Use a stop watch to set the time to 10 or 12 minutes..
- Once the ukadiche modak are steamed, you can drizzle a few teaspoons of ghee on them. Some modak may crack while shaping or steaming, buts it is fine. You can forgive yourself if you are making this first time..
- Offer the modak to Bhagwan Ganesha..
In India, modak is prepared in a variety of ways, and it is known under various names. Depending on the region, it is also referred to as mothagam or kozhukattai in Tamil, modhaka or kadubu in Kannada, or kudumu. Jai Ganesh Ganesh Lord Shree Ganesh Ganesha Art Ganesh Idol Ganesh Statue Shiva Parvati Images Lord Krishna Images Lakshmi Images. Fried modak recipe for ganesh chaturthi festival. The outer covering of the modaks is made from whole wheat flour and the recipe is very easy to Modak is sweet dumpling made during Ganesh Chaturthi Festival.