Ukadiche modak (steamed modak). Modak Modak is a sweet dumpling made with rice flour stuffed with jaggery and coconut. Ukadiche Modak which is steamed modak is specially made during the first day of Ganesh Chaturti to welcome him. While this mouth-watering modak delicacy is an inseparable part of Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations, you can try and make it more often as it is a tasty treat for the whole family, especially.
These sweet dumplings are also known as Ukadiche Modak in Marathi language. Ukadiche Modak are similar to dumplings, with an outer layer of steamed rice flour dough and a sweet filling of fresh coconut and jaggery. After shaping and filling the dumplings they are then steamed which gives them soft melt in the mouth texture. You can cook Ukadiche modak (steamed modak) using 13 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ukadiche modak (steamed modak)
- You need of For outer covering:.
- It’s 1 cup of – rice flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of – milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of – water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – ghee.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need of For filling:.
- Prepare 1 cup of – grated fresh coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of – grated jaggery.
- It’s 1 tsp of – poppy seeds.
- You need 1 tbs of – chopped cashews.
- Prepare 1 tsp of – cardamom powder.
- You need 5-6 strands of – saffron.
My mom makes the BEST Ukadiche Modak. Ukadiche Modak is an Indian sweet dumpling made during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi. It is made from steamed rice flour and stuffed with a sweet mixture of jaggery and grated coconut. I am not a Maharashtrian, however I grew up in Mumbai where Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated with much flair.
Ukadiche modak (steamed modak) step by step
- Take grated coconut in a pan and heat it..
- Add grated jaggery in a pan and mix well. Stir continuously till the jaggery melt completely..
- Then add poppyseed, chopped cashews, saffron and cardamom powder..
- Mix well and keep cooking till all moisture evaporated..
- Turn off the gas. Keep the mixture aside. Let it cool down completely..
- Take a water and milk in a pan. Turn the gas on medium. Add pinch of salt..
- As it started boiling add ghee and mix..
- Immediately add rice flour and stir it make sure there are no lumps..
- Cover with lid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes..
- Remove it to plate. Let it cool to touch..
- Apply some water on palm and knead the dough and make the smooth dough..
- Make smooth medium size ball..
- Grease your hand with ghee and take one ball. Using another hand, slightly press it and make small circle..
- In centre add 2 tsp stuffing. Now using your thumb and first finger make the pleates..
- Now get the pleats together. Close the top by pinching and make it pointed..
- Place in plate. And continue making rest of them..
- Prepare the steamer. Let the water come to boil..
- Place the modak in steamer leaving gap in between. Steam for 10 minutes or till the shiny texture appear..
- Ukadiche modak is ready. Serve it with pure ghee..
Ukadiche Modak for Ganesh Chaturthi Festival. Ukadiche Modak is a very popular sweet Dish found across the world. This Ukadiche Modak is specially made during festival time during Ganesh Modak Can be made in many types like Ukadiche Modak, Fry Modak, Mawa or khoya modak. Ukadiche Modak made with the sweet filling inside of a. Ukadiche Modak Recipe(steamed modak) – one of my favorite sweet are sweet dumplings made from rice flour.