Paneer Stuffed Modak.
You can have Paneer Stuffed Modak using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Paneer Stuffed Modak
- It’s For of covering:.
- Prepare 250 grams of suji.
- Prepare 100 grams of sugar.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s as required of Green & Orange food colour.
- Prepare 400 ml of water (or as required).
- Prepare For of stuffing,:.
- You need 200 grams of paneer crumbled.
- It’s 100 grams of powered sugar.
- You need 4 tsp of milkmaid.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- You need 3 tsp of desiccated coconut.
Paneer Stuffed Modak instructions
- For stuffing: Heat a pan and add 1 tsp ghee. Add crumbled paneer, powdered sugar, milkmaid, desiccated coconut and mix well. Keep stirring till the mixture becomes dry. Turn off the flame and leave it to cool. Add cardamom powder, mix it well and keep it aside..
- For Modak: Take water and sugar in a pan on low medium heat. Add a pinch of salt. When the mixture comes to a boil, add suji and keep stirring till it comes together like a dough. Remove it to a plate and let it cool down slightly..
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts or portions. Add few drops of green food colour to one part and orange food colour to another part. Mix it well. Let the 3rd part remain as it is..
- Make 8-10 small equal sized balls of each part/portion of the dough. Grease your palms. Take 3 balls (i.e. one from each portion), combine them all and flatten it in such a way that the center will appear as a hole with it's sides as three petals of three different colours (such as green, orange and white)..
- Fill the hole with the prepared stuffing. Seal it and give it to a modak shape. Repeat the process to make similar modaks with rest of the balls and stuffing..
- Steam the modaks for 5-7 minutes in a steamer. Remove and let them cool down for 2-3 minutes..
- Now paneer stuffed modak is ready for being served..