Canned dill pickle asparagus. Use the freshest asparagus for best color. These make great appetizers or garnishes. They look so pretty all 'canned up'!
How to Make Homemade Canned Pickled Asparagus. Wash the asparagus and cut the bottom of the stem off so that the asparagus fits into the quart jar. You can decide if you want to mince these or leave them in slices, they both pickle nicely. You can cook Canned dill pickle asparagus using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Canned dill pickle asparagus
- Prepare 5 lb of Asparagus.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Pickling Spice.
- You need 4 tsp of Red Pepper.
- It’s 14 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 4 each of Garlic Clove.
- It’s 4 each of Empty Quart Canning Jars.
- Prepare 7 tbsp of Dill Weed.
- It’s 2 quart of White Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 quart of Water.
Fill the jar up with the brine covering the asparagus, dill, and garlic. Pickled asparagus is delicious, and this recipe was given to me by my best friend, Carole. We get our asparagus in the spring from the Yakima Valley in central WA. Use the freshest dill you can find and pack the spears in quart jars making sure all spears are covered with pickling juice.
Canned dill pickle asparagus step by step
- Combine the water and vinegar and start to boil with 10 tablespoons of salt..
- Remove the cloves from the pickling spice. Add the pickling spice to water and vinegar. Also add 3 teaspoons dill weed. Add 1ea tsp dill to each jar..
- Add 1 teaspoon of red pepper to water and vinegar if you want pepper. Also 1 teaspoon of pepper to each jar of you want..
- Put Asparagus into jars head down. Add 1 clove of garlic each..
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt to each jar..
- Once brine has been at a rolling boil for at least 10 minutes, strain spice out. Add to asparagus jars, seal hand tight and sit for 3 weeks. G2g.
Pickles have been a favorite for a lot of people in my family for a long time. We've also been canning a variety of fruits and vegetables for quite a To pickle them, you are going place dill and garlic inside the jar. The pickled asparagus recipe will tell you exactly what you need, but if. An easy, wonderfully versatile and utterly deeeeelicious homemade dill pickle relish recipe! Canning instructions are included to enjoy it all year long!