Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes.
You can cook Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- It’s of Skillet.
- Prepare 3 lb of ground beef or turkey.
- You need 2 cup of onion, chopped (2 large).
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need of Slow Cooker.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of chopped sweet peppers (about 2-3 medium).
- It’s 2 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 12 oz of beer.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of molasses.
- You need 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- You need 4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of cider vinegar.
- You need 1 dash of hot pepper sauce.
- You need 12 of buns.
- You need 1 of dill pickle slices (optional).
- It’s 1 slice of pickled peppers (optional).
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes step by step
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onions, and garlic over medium heat until may is brown and onion are tender, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain off fat. (I have to do this in two steps because I need a larger skillet)..
- In a 3.5 or 4 quart slow cooker combine meat mixture, sweet peppers, celery, beer, ketchup, molasses, yellow mustard, chili powder, vinegar, and a dash of hot pepper sauce..
- Cover and cook on low-heat seeing for 6 to 8 hours on high-heat setting fire 3 to 4 hours.
- To serve, use a slotted spoon to soon meat mixture onto roll bottoms. If desired, add assorted toppers ( pickles, peppers, extra mustard). Personally I usually eat these open faced because they're pretty sloppy..