Ham and Pickle Pinwheels.
You can have Ham and Pickle Pinwheels using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham and Pickle Pinwheels
- You need 2 of 8oz packages cream cheese – softened (low fat or fat free is fine).
- You need 16 of dill pickle spears (your fave brand).
- Prepare 16 slice of ham lunch meat (rectangular slices work best, like Great Value brand "cooked ham").
- It’s of Prep.
- Prepare 1 of roll of paper towels.
Ham and Pickle Pinwheels instructions
- Set out cream cheese to soften to room temperature (I usually leave out a few hours). When you're ready to make, cut each 8 oz block into 8 equal squares..
- At least 30 minutes in advance: To absorb excess moisture. Line pickles in a single layer, a couple inches apart on a small stack of paper towels. Place a few more paper towels on top, press gently. Place two slices of ham side by side on another stack of paper towels, place a layer of paper towels on top, followed by two more slices of ham. Repeat process until all ham is layered between paper towels..
- Working one at a time place a slice of ham on a cutting board or plate. Using a butter knife or off-set spatula, spread the cream cheese evenly over the slice of ham. Begin at one end working toward the other end, leaving about 1/4 in. cream cheese free to accommodate spreading as you roll..
- Place a pickle across the width of the cream cheese covered ham at the end where cream cheese meets the edge. Roll up semi-tightly, careful to not squeeze cream cheese out the edges or rip ham. Repeat process until all 16 are rolled..
- Stack rollups on a plate as you finish each one. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 2 hours, or up to over night, to set..
- Just before serving, remove from refrigerator, cut each rollup into 1/2 in. slices to make your pinwheels. Layer on a serving platter. Serve, eat, enjoy and watch them disappear!.