Steamed Modak. Easy way to make Traditional, Authentic Modaks which is nothing but a rice flour dumpling with sweet jaggery and coconut n nuts filling. Modak, Steamed Modak made with mould and handmade modak with detailed step by step recipes. Modak is a sweet dumpling stuffed with a filling of coconut and jaggery.
So they are also called 'steamed modak'. Modak are Maharashtrian festive dumplings made of rice flour dough & a sweet coconut jaggery filling. Traditionally these sweet dumplings are handmade, filled and then steamed. You can cook Steamed Modak using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steamed Modak
- You need 1 cup of Rice flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Grated coconut.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Jaggery.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of elaichi(Cardamom) powder.
- You need As needed of Water.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Modak recipe with step by step photos. Ukadiche modak is one of the most popular modak variety made during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Modak is Bhagwan Ganesha's favorite sweet. Find steamed modak stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.
Steamed Modak instructions
- Take a vessel start boiling the water. When the water boils put the Rice flour slowly slowly and Mix it..
- Put a lid on the vessel and cook on low flame for 2 to 3 min..
- Take a plate put the dough mixture.Let the mixture cool it and then knead the dough nicely. Mix water if required.It should be soft dough.
- For the filling take another pan mix together coconut and jaggery mixture and keep on gas stove for 2 to 3 mins. Switch off the gas then put elaichi powder in it..
- Apply oil to hands and take a small lemon size dough. Roll it flat with hand then put the filling in Centre..
- Press it from all side and give shape as shown in the picture.OR.
- You can also use Modak mold to make modaks.
- Take a steamer and keep the Modak inside the steamer and steam for 10 mins. After 10 mins Steamed Modak are ready to serve.
Fry poppy seeds dry and mix with jaggery and coconut. Tasty steamed modaks ready to serve. Savor the delicious steamed modaks with ghee. See more ideas about Modak recipe, Steam, Cardamom powder. Steamed Modak is a popular Maharashtrian recipe that is traditionally prepared on Ganesh Chaturthi and is distributed as prasad among the worshipers.