Modak. Modak recipe with step by step photos. Ukadiche modak is one of the most popular modak variety made during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Modak is Bhagwan Ganesha's favorite sweet.
Modak Recipe, Learn how to make Modak (absolutely delicious recipe of Modak ingredients and cooking method) About Modak Recipe Khajur Modak For Ganesh Chaturthi, Malai-Rose-Gulkand Modak Instant Malai Rose Gulkand Modak, Instant Rawa Modak ( Gulkand and Cinnamon-Coconut Flavour) without Mould. You can cook Modak using 11 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Modak
- You need 1 cup of rice flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated raw coconut.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of (finely crushed) jaggery.
- You need 1 tbsp of Desi ghee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of poppy seeds.
- It’s 2 pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of cashew nuts.
- You need 1 tbsp of raisins.
- You need 4-5 of green cardamom.
- It’s 2-3 of green cardamom seed.
- Prepare as needed of Tulsi leaves.
How to make Modak: To prepare the filling, combine coconut, milk and jaggery or sugar, mix well. Modak are sweet treats that are popular in Western India, especially Maharashtra where I grew up. Her signature Tri Color Modak are made by shaping the outer covering with colored dough. Download Modak Font · Free for commercial use · Modak is a Free and Open Source, Heavy-Chubby Devanagari-Latin display typeface.
- Firstly knead the rice flour for making modak. So for this, heat 1cup water in any utensil and them bring it in use. Now add sugar and 2tsp ghee, tulsi leaves, green cardamom in water..
- After boiling water, add rice flour in the water now. Mix it properly for 2min. Now stove off.
- Now cover dough for 5 min and then knead it..
- Meanwhile prepare stuffing for modak. So add poppy seeds in heated pan. Stir constantly and roast for 1-2 minutes. Now it take out bowl.
- Now add jaggery in the pan. Let the jaggery melt nicely. After jaggery is melted now add grated coconut to it. Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes..
- Now add crushed cashew nuts, poppy seeds and raisins. And mix it well..
- Turn off the gas and add cardamom powder into it. Now let the stuffing get frigid.
- Now knead dough and make it soft. Take out flour in plate and mash it with spoon. Knead ot with your hands moment it gets cool..
- Grease you hands with little ghee and knead it until it become soft.
- Take little amount of mixture (lemon size) in you hands and make a round ball. Flatten it with your palm and fingers..
- Keep the corner thin and thick from center. Now dig for filling stuffing..
- Now place 1 tbsp stuffing in it. Now give it a shape of flower. And seal it from all sides. Modak ready to steam..
- Take any utensil in which we can steam the modak's easily..
- Add water 1&1/2 cup water. When water starts boiling we will steam modaks.
- Grease the sieve with ghee. Place modaks at some distance in the sieve..
- Steam modaks for 10- 12 minutes..
- Modak are cooked properly now and appear shiny..
- Modak have become frigid, serve them in a plate.
- Hope you like and try this recipe at your home..
The design started off as one of our heavy hand sketched. Modak is an Indian sweet popular in the states of Maharashtra and Goa and in the Indian region of Konkan. For faster navigation, this Iframe is preloading the Wikiwand page for Modak. To start with as I mentioned earlier these are gluten free amazing succulent healthy sweet version of otherwise deep fried ones… Lets start with the ingredients. Download Modak stock vectors at the best vector graphic agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock vectors, illustrations and cliparts at reasonable prices.