Potato Salad (German). German Potato Salad is a traditional potato side dish originating in Southern Germany. In Northern Germany, the dish is different and more similar to an American style potato salad with mayonnaise. Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this It's the telltale sign of the ultimate German potato salad.
It's a nice change-up from the classic mayonnaise-based version, and. ► Воспроизвести все. German Potato Salad Recipe : Boil Potatoes for German Potato Salad. German Potato Salad is always a hit any time of year. You can cook Potato Salad (German) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Salad (German)
- You need 8 medium of Potatoes.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of hard boiled eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of dried celery flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried dill.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 of splash red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of splash dill pickle juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped dill pickles.
- It’s 6 tbsp of spicy brown mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Miracle Whip or mayonnaise.
- Prepare of salt.
Most often served warm, this easy This potato salad is made similarly to a warm potato salad. Cube and boil potatoes and while they're. How to make German potato salad. Russet potatoes, for instance, break down easily and are well suited for German Potato Salad is tossed in a deliciously sweet and tangy mayo-free dressing with bacon.
Potato Salad (German) step by step
- Boil potatoes with skin on in large pot. Cover with enough water to just cover potatoes. Boil 30-40min or until tender. Fork should easily slide into potatoes..
- Using hot-pads, drain water from potatoes and rinse with cold water in colander..
- Peel potatoes when they are cool enough to handle and chop into mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently mix well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours, overnight is best..
Every potluck needs this German Potato Salad from Delish.com. Unlike the cold, creamy mayo-dressed picnic staple, German potato salad is served warm with a bacon vinaigrette. Make a potato salad that can be served hot or cold. Its signature ingredients are bacon, vinegar and a pinch of sugar. Classic German Potato Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing.